Are you an experienced and driven geotechnical professional looking to advance your career? We’re looking for people like you to lead our ground improvement project delivery teams in the role of National Construction Manager.
Keller is the world’s largest independent Geotechnical Engineering firm. We have been delivering quality foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries throughout Australia for many years. People enjoy working for us because of our commitment to creating a supportive environment with ongoing development opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Construction Manager for the Ground Improvement team in Australia. Our Head office is located at Macquarie Park, Sydney but we would consider any applicant who is willing to relocate. As we have multiple projects underway throughout Australia, frequent interstate travel is an essential role requirement.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrable experience and/or knowledge base relating to ground improvement techniques, applications, equipment and resourcing.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in line with forecast budgets
- A sound understanding of contract terms and conditions within the construction environment to manage risk profiles
- Experience in generating and reviewing construction budgets
- The ability to recognise, manage and mitigate contractual, commercial and operational risk
- A track record in the resourcing and leadership of personnel, particularly within a unionised landscape.
- Prior experience contributing to the pre-tender process and post-project review process.
- High competence in building stakeholder relationships, conducting on-site meetings, communicating with clients particularly on the resolution of project related issues.
- Relevant tertiary Engineering qualifications.
- Prior experience with mining sites or working remotely will be highly regarded.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing a culture of acute HSEQ awareness to influence a zero-harm workplace.
- Driving commitment to deliver construction projects in line with client requirements as well as quality, time and budget targets.
- Proactively manage the resolution of technical problems encountered during the execution of projects.
- Provide advice and guidance on a range of ground improvement techniques.
- Support Project Managers and Engineers in identifying, managing and mitigating risk whilst maximising opportunities.
- Consistently drive ongoing efficiencies and improvements in operations.
- Management and monitoring of project financial performance reports to ensure projects meet target margins.
- Review scope, design feasibility, integrated work procedures as well as trial and as-built reports before submission to clients.