Keller Australia is seeking an experienced Fitter to work in the Mentone Yard, VIC.
We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor and have been delivering industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input.
The Fitter is responsible for maintaining a range of specialised plant in a timely manner to ensure equipment runs safely and effectively and therefore production schedules on site are met.
- Complete Daily Service Sheets
- Ensures daily pre-prestart sheets are correctly completed, followed and returned to the Plant Administrator
- Complete Plant Checklist, Concrete Pipe Thickness Test and Slew Deflection Test
- Install and maintain services and repairs specialised equipment as required including electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Identify worn or defective components, repairs/replaces worn/faulty components.
- Read drawings, specifications and equipment manuals to assist with troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain and repair of hired and leased plant
- Train and educate company employees such as operators and fitters in use, maintenance and repair of plant.
- Utilise a variety of hand, machine and precision measuring tools
- Assemble/Dismantle equipment
- Assess, identify and notify Foreman/Leading Hand of any additional issues that may not be recorded on work orders/damaged equipment reports.
- Follow direction by Foreman/Leading Hand/Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure that plant repairs and service are carried out so as to limit the downtime of site to a minimum
- Ensure that plant is kept and used in an acceptable and fully operational conditions
- Ensure that adequate spares are kept on site/in yard to ensure continuous plant operation
- Ensure that all plant service/maintenance documentation is completed and returned in accordance with company procedures.
What you need to be successful in this role
- Exceptional 12V electrical experience
- Exceptional fitting/hydraulic experience
- Trade certification and high risk tickets as required (RI, LF, DG, Forklift, Safe Work at Heights)
- Sound understanding of plant requirements for projects
If you believe you are a suitable candidate for this role, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.